best EMR software of the year (so far) has already been released. Capterra released their survey findings in the form of an infographic. Who doesn’t like infographics? According to the survey findings, eClinicalWorks ranked number one in customer use, billing software integration is the most commonly requested EMR feature and Windows ranked as the most common OS used with EMR.
Capterra, an online service that matches buyers with business software, released The Top 20 Most Popular EMR Solutions. In their first medical infographic, data collected from the number of users, Google searches, product revenue and social media followers determined the results. In the eye-appealing infographic, EMRs are displayed with price range and which operating systems platforms the EMR software supports.
Best EMR Software Top 5 (According to number of users/customers):
5. Athena Health
Most Followed on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook:
1. GE Healthcare (89,034 followers)
2. McKesson (26,920 followers)
3. Cerner (20,896 followers)
4. Allscripts (15,278 followers)
5. Practice Fusion (9,994)
Most Requested EMR Features:
1. Integrated Electronic Billing System
2. Automatic Reminders
4. Document Scanning
5. Medication Tracker
Most Requested EMR Platform:
1. Windows (61%)
2. SaaS/Cloud (17%)
3. Mac (13%)
4. Open Source (5%)
5. Linux (2%)
Interesting facts about some of the winners:
• eClinicalWorks has 370,000 users and has one of the broadest target audiences by covering hospitals, large, medium and small practices as well as single practitioners.
• Despite being ranked as highest in price range, McKesson still won second place, targeting as broad of an audience as eClinical.
• Cerner is compatible with most operating systems: Windows, Mac, Cloud and Linux